So, What is the easiest way to store green onions? You are going to be blown away at how easy this Food Hack is!
It’s really simple actually, and it’s a principle I live by in my kitchen-Always do more now to save time later.
As a busy full-time stay at home mom of three (and a very busy part-time postpartum nurse), I really can’t afford to not make the most of every minute in the kitchen.
I really hope you find value in this hack and that you can implement it into your kitchen routine to save you time (and even money!)
The Easiest Way to Store Green Onions:
- remove all of your green onions from the bag
- Wash and pat dry the bunch
- Now, Take the entire bunch and cut them all in half
- Turn the ends around so the ends of the green onions are in line with the roots
- slice your green onions into rounds all the way to the roots/ends
- store your cut onions in a jar with a folded square of paper towel (or a small cloth) in the bottom. This will prevent them from getting slimy!
And that’s IT guys! This hack has helped me in 4 MAJOR ways:
- It’s saved me time (I only need to wash and cut ONCE).
- It has also saved me money-so many times I have purchased green onions only for them to get lost in the crisper and wilt away!
- And, of course this hack has allowed me to enjoy the health benefits of onions on a regular basis. When it’s just grab and go you are so much more likely to include it in your meals.
- BONUS!! It has contributed to more beautiful meals! There is nothing better than seeing bright colors adorn your plate:)
I use this hack to help me out in many of my Mexican dishes like my Tofu Taco “Meat” as well as my pastas like my Fresh Spaghettini!
I hope this post has inspired you to take your food prep to the next level! Please leave me a comment with your favorite food hacks. I love learning new ideas to help in the kitchen!
[…] the Easiest Way to Store Green Onions […]