Whether you want a sweet and simple gift or a delicious easy go-to treat at home, making the best vegan hot chocolate is only a few steps away.
Why this vegan cocoa mix is the BEST
With only 4 ingredients, this vegan hot chocolate mix is really easy to make.
You can pre-make a large batch so when you’re ready for a nice cup of cocoa all you need to do is add your favorite non-dairy milk and microwave.
Ingredients for Vegan Cocoa Mix
For the best vegan hot chocolate mix, you only need a few simple ingredients:
- Cocoa Powder. Try and find good quality cocoa. Many brands offer pure organic cocoa that is fairtrade for a few dollars more than the conventional brands. I like this one (affiliate) by Trader Joe’s.
- Coconut Sugar. I love that coconut sugar is more natural than conventional white sugar. It also adds a delicious caramel flavor to the hot cocoa that you don’t want to miss. I just got a huge bag from Yupik (af) that’s going to last me forever!
- Vanilla Bean Powder. This is such an amazing ingredient! It’s powdered vanilla bean-which means you can add it to your dry hot cocoa mix! I love the flavor it adds to my mix! This one (af) is really affordable, all organic, and vegan of course!
- Dandies Vegan Marshmallows. I love adding the mini dandies (af) to my hot cocoa mix. Dandies are gelatin-free and 100% delicious!
Hot Cocoa Makes a Great Gift!
Dress up this vegan cocoa mix in a classic mason jar, topped with the mini marshmallows!
Anchor has this super cute set (af) of jars with lids. I love how the jars have a handle. And they each come with a little tag attached so you can write a message to that special someone.
More Vegan Comfort Food Recipes:
- Not too Sweet Vegan Eggnog Cocktail
- Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies With Aquafaba
- Vegan Pot Pie- With Lentils and Potato
- French Canadian VEGAN Tourtiere (Meat Pie)
- The Ultimate Vegan Brownie Recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Espresso Mug Cake Two Minute Recipe
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Mug Cake
- Cinnamon Mug Cake with VEGAN Cream Cheese Frosting
The BEST Vegan Hot Chocolate Mix
Whether you are gifting this mix or making a batch to enjoy at home, this vegan hot cocoa mix makes the perfect cup easy to put together!
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup vegan marshmallows
Mix the cocoa powder, coconut sugar and vanilla powder in a medium sized bowl.
Place the mix into a mason jar and top with 1/2 cup of mini vegan marshmellows.
To make a cup of cocoa:
Add 1-2 tbsp of the cocoa mix to a microwavable mug.
Add 1/4 cup non-dairy milk and whisk the cocoa powder and milk until no lumps remain.
Fill the mug with an additional 3/4 cup non-dairy milk.
Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, until hot.
Stir once more and top with the vegan marshmellows.
***Calorie and nutritional information is an estimate only. I calculated this information using 2 tbsp of the vegan hot cocoa mix and 1 cup of soy milk.
Please use any non-dairy milk you enjoy, but I suggest Silk Soy milk because it’s extra creamy!
If you would prefer to make this recipe over the stove you can follow these instructions:
- Add 1-2 tbsp of cocoa mix to 1 cup of non-dairy milk and heat on the stove over medium heat until warmed through. Use a whisk to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Be careful not to boil to milk.
- Pour the heated vegan hot chocolate into your favorite mug and add the marshmallows on top.
You can make a large batch of this cocoa mix by doubling or quadrupling this recipe!
Just remember to keep the ratio of 1-2 tbsp cocoa mix to 1 cup of non-dairy milk.
Sharing is Caring!
Be sure to share this post with someone you know will love it! It really helps my blog grow!
Read this next
Here’s a fresh pin for your board, so you can come back to this recipe when you’re ready to give it a try!
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest! I follow a ton of vegan food bloggers and I know you’re not going to want to miss their amazing posts!
Disclaimer: Megan Kerry is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This never impacts the cost of the products you purchase by clicking the link, and it’s a great way to support the free content I bring you. Thank you!