Whether you want a sweet and simple gift or a delicious easy go-to treat at home, making the best vegan hot chocolate is only a few steps away.
Why this vegan cocoa mix is the BEST
With only 4 ingredients, this vegan hot chocolate mix is really easy to make.
You can pre-make a large batch so when you’re ready for a nice cup of cocoa all you need to do is add your favorite non-dairy milk and microwave.
Ingredients for Vegan Cocoa Mix
For the best vegan hot chocolate mix, you only need a few simple ingredients:
- Cocoa Powder. Try and find good quality cocoa. Many brands offer pure organic cocoa that is fairtrade for a few dollars more than the conventional brands. I like this one (affiliate) by Trader Joe’s.
- Coconut Sugar. I love that coconut sugar is more natural than conventional white sugar. It also adds a delicious caramel flavor to the hot cocoa that you don’t want to miss. I just got a huge bag from Yupik (af) that’s going to last me forever!
- Vanilla Bean Powder. This is such an amazing ingredient! It’s powdered vanilla bean-which means you can add it to your dry hot cocoa mix! I love the flavor it adds to my mix! This one (af) is really affordable, all organic, and vegan of course!
- Dandies Vegan Marshmallows. I love adding the mini dandies (af) to my hot cocoa mix. Dandies are gelatin-free and 100% delicious!
Hot Cocoa Makes a Great Gift!
Dress up this vegan cocoa mix in a classic mason jar, topped with the mini marshmallows!
Anchor has this super cute set (af) of jars with lids. I love how the jars have a handle. And they each come with a little tag attached so you can write a message to that special someone.
More Vegan Comfort Food Recipes:
- Not too Sweet Vegan Eggnog Cocktail
- Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies With Aquafaba
- Vegan Pot Pie- With Lentils and Potato
- French Canadian VEGAN Tourtiere (Meat Pie)
- The Ultimate Vegan Brownie Recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Espresso Mug Cake Two Minute Recipe
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Mug Cake
- Cinnamon Mug Cake with VEGAN Cream Cheese Frosting
The BEST Vegan Hot Chocolate Mix
Whether you are gifting this mix or making a batch to enjoy at home, this vegan hot cocoa mix makes the perfect cup easy to put together!
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup vegan marshmallows
Mix the cocoa powder, coconut sugar and vanilla powder in a medium sized bowl.
Place the mix into a mason jar and top with 1/2 cup of mini vegan marshmellows.
To make a cup of cocoa:
Add 1-2 tbsp of the cocoa mix to a microwavable mug.
Add 1/4 cup non-dairy milk and whisk the cocoa powder and milk until no lumps remain.
Fill the mug with an additional 3/4 cup non-dairy milk.
Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, until hot.
Stir once more and top with the vegan marshmellows.
***Calorie and nutritional information is an estimate only. I calculated this information using 2 tbsp of the vegan hot cocoa mix and 1 cup of soy milk.
Please use any non-dairy milk you enjoy, but I suggest Silk Soy milk because it’s extra creamy!
If you would prefer to make this recipe over the stove you can follow these instructions:
- Add 1-2 tbsp of cocoa mix to 1 cup of non-dairy milk and heat on the stove over medium heat until warmed through. Use a whisk to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Be careful not to boil to milk.
- Pour the heated vegan hot chocolate into your favorite mug and add the marshmallows on top.
You can make a large batch of this cocoa mix by doubling or quadrupling this recipe!
Just remember to keep the ratio of 1-2 tbsp cocoa mix to 1 cup of non-dairy milk.
Sharing is Caring!
Be sure to share this post with someone you know will love it! It really helps my blog grow!
Read this next
Vegan Meal Planning to Save Money
Here’s a fresh pin for your board, so you can come back to this recipe when you’re ready to give it a try!
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest! I follow a ton of vegan food bloggers and I know you’re not going to want to miss their amazing posts!
Disclaimer: Megan Kerry is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This never impacts the cost of the products you purchase by clicking the link, and it’s a great way to support the free content I bring you. Thank you!
what can you use instead of vanilla powder
Hey Edie, you can use a vanilla flavored plant milk to mix it or just add a splash of vanilla to your favorite plant milk!